If Ski Tracks is recording duration only this may indicate that your phone has a poor GPS fix. Make sure you are standing away from buildings, trees and other obstacles that could obstructing the sky.
Press 'Play' to start recording.
The GPS status icon on the top status bar will be flashing when it is obtaining a ﬁx. The 'Snowflake' indicates a track is being recorded. The GPS indicator will show the quality of the GPS fix.
When a fix is obtained GPS status icon on the top bar will stop flashing. The GPS indicator will show the quality of the GPS fix and you will see LAT and LON values.
You can open the GPS section by pressing the GPS indicator or by pressing your Android Device menu button, this will give you the last time a location was fixed.
Do not rely on the Maps in Ski Tracks to check if you have a location. The locations the maps in Ski Tracks receives are filtered so if it is receiving locations of poor quality or erroneous data then your location will not be displayed here until you get some good quality locations through.
If you do not get a ﬁx after a few minutes of being outside please try the following:
- Hold your device so the screen points skywards.
- Stand away from buildings, trees and other obstacles that could obstructing the sky.
- Make sure there are no items in your pockets obstructing the GPS such as credit cards, ski passes with RFID, wallets, other phones, iPods, cameras or other electronic items.
- Power the device off and on.
If this does not work check the following:
- “Allow GPS locations” is on in Settings. (Some devices require multiple "YES" answers).
- Please make sure the device is not in Low Power/Power Saving Mode.
- The device is NOT in Airplane mode (It should work in airplane mode but in some cases this causes issues).
- Check if you are getting a location in Google Maps. If so then “Force Stop” Ski Tracks by going to Settings > Applications > Ski Tracks > Force Stop and then reopen it.
- Final resort - uninstall and reinstall the application. Please ensure you have copy of your tracks before deleting Ski Tracks. On Ski Tracks go to Menu > Tools > Track Backup > BACKUP and store your tracks on external storage.